I’ve shared the results of my six month stretch, but this is how the relaxer day actually went down. I was trying to add my snapchat story for you guys to watch at the end of this post, but it wasn’t really working out the way I wanted. Instead, I included screen shots of the whole process.1. Relaxer day started with me gathering everything I needed to get me through the relaxer application process:
The Prep Work.
- Summit Sensitive Scalp and Pointed Applicator Bottle;
- Clips for securing my hair in sections;
- Small Hand Mirror to see the back sections as I relax;
- Affirm Fiberguard Relaxer – Sensitive Scalp (2 tubs) and Activator;
- Spatula-like tool for applying the relaxer;
- Rat tail Comb, for parting;
- Aphogee Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor;
- Mizani Phormula-7 Chelating and Neutralizing Shampoo;
- Nexxus Humectress Ultimate Moisturizing Conditioner; and
- my cell phone for its stopwatch.
1. My Mid step Protein treatment was Aphogee Keratin 2 minute Reconstructor and I neutralized with Mizani Phormula-7 Chelating and Neutralizing Shampoo (I need to remember to repurchase my Elasta QP Stop Action Neutralizing Shampoo because not having that shampoo with color alarms makes me a little more nervous about neutralizing).