|After my No Heat Challenge.|
|After this I decided to change my regimen.|
Over the next stretch, I followed my rules, but I also wasn’t shy about doing roller sets and drying under a hooded dryer as I explained in my February 2014 Relaxer Update. Thankfully, my ends seemed to do well under these circumstances. I was pleased. It looked like my new regimen was working.
- More Protein – every other week.
- Weekly Deep Conditioning.
- Limiting Heat Usage (but if I’m going to use it go for the hooded dryer over the blow dryer).
- Focus on the protein-moisture balance of my ends, they need more protein than the rest of my hair.
- Continue pre-pooing with oils and applying them to my ends throughout the week.
- Avoid Relaxer Runoff – hold my ends away from the rest of my hair when rinsing the relaxer out. I did this with my April 2015 relaxer and I think it may help.