The wash before I relax my hair I like to:
- Clarify my scalp and hair to remove product buildup.
- Do a protein treatment to make sure that my hair has the necessary strength to endure the chemical processing.
- Deep Condition because that’s what I always do, haha.
- Limit use of leave-ins, moisturizers, serums and other styling products because the relaxer will be more effective this way (avoids underprocessing).
This wash takes place between 3 and 7 days before I relax my hair. If I’ve been on a long stretch and my new growth is long (more than an inch), then I:
- gently detangle my new growth and
- stretch it using either a flat iron or blow dryer (so that it stays detangled).
- (In my experience, relaxing tangled new growth always ends in unnecessary heartache).
What I use:
To Clarify – V05 Clarifying Shampoo (Kiwi Lime or Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint)
Protein – Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor
Deep Condition – it varies.
(Visited 103 times, 1 visits today)