Last December, I decided to trim my hair up and start out 2011 with fresh ends. Check out these raggedy ends:
I used the “Feye’s Self Trim Method*.” Below are the steps to create a U-shape. How to Trim Your Own Hair in a Deep U-Shape.
How to Trim in a Deep U-shape.
- First, make a part down the middle of your hair and create two low pigtails (make sure the hair is tangle-free) while looking at the floor (yes, look at the floor).
- Continue looking at the floor and pull both hair ties down the length of your hair (making sure that they are even with each other).
- When you get close the ends, hold the hair between your fingers and cut the ends with a sharp scissor (preferably hair shears: I got mine for $7 at Ulta). Do both pigtails. Here is what it looks like after this first step:
- Continue to look at the floor: comb all your hair together towards the back creating a low ponytail.
- Pull the hair tie down towards the ends again.
- Grab the hair and bring it around so you can see it (be careful to hold the hair and hair tie in place).
- Then clip the very ends of the hair, this second cut will eliminate that sharp V, see below:
- Create the two low pig tails again and clip the longer one to make sure that the right and left sides are even. The end results:
Update: New picture tutorial
(Visited 6,303 times, 1 visits today)